Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rock Creek and a Trail Course

I've had a great "horse" weekend and thought I'd share just a few pictures with everyone.

Saturday and friend and I wandered out to Rock Creek and took the Tarbell Trail up into the hills ... literally up into the hills! Most of the 7 miles we rode were uphill. The horses were so tired! But it was an amazing day to be out and about.


The picture below is from the top of the trail looking down the path we'd just come from. The light was great and made everything look so peaceful!


Half way through the ride, we ran into someone's tree fort. I couldn't resist shooting a pic. It reminded me of something I would have done as a kid.


Today I headed up to Winlock to participate in a trail training course. The two arenas at Good Life Stables were set up with various "scary" obstacles such as bubble machines, noodles on posts that horses had to walk through, bridges, hula hoops, water, horns, umbrellas and more.

Participants were able to work through the course at their own pace which meant that everyone had an opportunity to work through any issues that came up. I spent the majority of time at the Winnie the Pooh bubble machine. :)


And finally, here's my horse, Sunny, thankful to have made it through the scary day and even more thankful that dinner was waiting at the trailer!


No comments: